The mission of NSB is to educate citizens who will contribute to the well being of Society. To achieve this mission, a certain set of values will have to be instilled. Every one who is part of NSB must accept certain values that NSB stands for. By undertaking to abide by these values, everyone at NSB will contribute to creating a favorable environment in which NSB’s mission can be accomplished.
Some of Our Values are envisaged in the following points
Students are the primary focus at NSB, and therefore, NSB shall organize itself around students. Anyone associated with NSB shall refrain from doing anything that would not be in the interest of the students. NSB shall empower students by encouraging self-governance and student-led learning.
NSB has adopted certain principles of the United Nations Global Compact:
- NSB shall support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights in its circle of influence
- NSB shall uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining
- NSB shall promote elimination of all forms of forced or compulsory child labor
- NSB shall support all precautionary approaches to environmental challenges
- NSB shall encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies
- NSB shall fight against all forms of corruption
Focus on value creation for the stakeholders
To exist and to continue to develop, the NSB should create value:
- For the students by preparing them to become best-in-class professionals
- For the corporate clients not only by providing skillful knowledge workers but also by providing innovative solutions enabling its clients to acquire distinctive competencies
- For the employees by giving them a fulfilling careers and creating stress-free working environment
- For the city and the region by participating in constructive social activities and participating in the economic development of the region
Focus on Transparency
NSB shall remain transparent in its operations and shall operate on the premise of honesty and integrity. Students shall have access to their records, grade reports and other academic procedures. No employee may accept remuneration, gifts or other benefits from a client, student or supplier, neither may they offer them. Only gifts or benefits in kind of low value in compliance with commercial practices and rules of good relations, and not contrary to the law or to the regulations, may be accepted.
Commitment to Quality
So as to accomplish our mission, NSB shall use the best service providers. Each employee must demand quality from our suppliers. It is, of course, forbidden for any employee to negotiate any secret agreements with a supplier outside the official contract.